The trial of Waripamo-Owei Dudafa, a former Senior Special Adviser to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has been stalled following the transfer of the presiding judge.
The judge, Justice Bab Kuewumi, returned the case file to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court in Lagos, saying he had been moved out of the court’s jurisdiction.
Although the prosecuting counsel from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, U. U Buhari, informed the judge that the commission had written a letter to the Chief Judge, demanding a fiat for him to continue hearing the case, Kuewumi said he would return the case file pending the decision of the administrative judge.
“The case file is hereby remitted to the registry pending fiat,” he said.
Dudafa is on trial alongside six others: a lawyer, Amajuoyi Azubuike Briggs, a senior staff member of Skye Bank Plc, Adedamola Bolodeoku, Pluto Property Development Company Limited; Seagate Property Development Company Limited, Transocean Property Development Company Limited, and Avalon Property Development Company Limited.
The EFCC alleged that the firms were used as conduit pipes by the former First Lady, Patience Jonathan.
The defendants were arraigned before the judge on September 15, 2016.
The companies, through their supposed directors – Agbo Michael Baro, Friday Davis, Kola Frederick, Taiwo Ebenezer, and Chima John – pleaded guilty to the charges.
But on September 27, 2016, they sought to change their plea and the EFCC opposed them.
Justice Kuewumi, on October 7, 2016, dismissed the defendants’ applications to plead not guilty.
It convicted the companies of the allegations of conspiracy, money laundering, stealing and fraud, on November 2, 2016.
The EFCC alleged in a second amended charge that the three accused persons alongside the four companies between November 13, 2013, and March 31, 2015, conspired with Sombre Omeibi, who is said to be on the run, to retain $15,591,700.
Source: Sahara Reporters
Home
Binnabook Magazine
Local News
Alleged $15.5m Fraud: Trial Of Ex-President Jonathan’s Aide Stalls As Judge Gets Transferred
Alleged $15.5m Fraud: Trial Of Ex-President Jonathan’s Aide Stalls As Judge Gets Transferred
Reviewed by Binnabook
on
Monday, February 10, 2020
Rating: 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
The presidents of the US And Iranian Presidents Sign Deal Aiming To End War with Iran at the Palace of Versailles France.
The presidents of the US and Iran have signed an initial peace deal aiming to end the war, allowing it to immediately take effect. The agr...
TRENDING News Feed
-
Are you looking for a business to do without capital,yes I have a business for you ,but you have to get a phone also an Internet connection,...
-
STRIPPED of desperate compulsion, betting provides a thrilling edge to mundane sporting encounters. If you doubt this then you haven’t e...
-
Apple is reportedly only months away from launching an iPhone accessory you wear on your head Report has already emerged that Apple w...
-
Tesla Powerwall Home Battery Tesla Motors has been praised for making high-quality electric vehicles, as well as for their ability to r...
-
The Debt Management Office of Nigeria (DMO) has commenced the sell of Federal Government Bond.Listed for sell are 2-year and 3-year Feder...
-
Instantly Create a Beautiful & Functional Logo for Your Online Business Looka is an ideal service for entrepreneurs who want to create...
-
The awaited Banger Wombolom by Lyrykal Kesh has been Released from the Kesh Nation Music. KESH MUSICAL GROUPS ( LYRYKAL GANGSTERS) Lyrykal...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Your Views are needed.Thanks!